I am a research associate in the Flux Research Group of the University of Utah.
My contact information is:
- Office: Room 3492 in the
- Phone: (801) 581 3472
School of Computing
University of Utah
50 S Central Campus Dr. 3190
Salt Lake City, UT 84112
number is at most 5: I wrote A Configurable and Extensible
Transport Protocol with Richard Schlichting, who wrote Fault-Tolerant
Broadcasts with Fred Schneider, who wrote Safety without Stuttering
with Alan Demers, who wrote Worst-case Performance Bounds for Simple
One-dimensional Packing Algorithms with Ronald Graham, who wrote
On Sums of Fibonacci Numbers and 27 other papers with Erdős.)
- D. Duplyakin, N. Ramesh, C. Imburgia, H. Al Sheikh, S. Jain, P. Tekta,
A. Maricq, G. Wong and R. Ricci.
the Ordering Trap in Systems Performance Measurement. Proceedings of
the 2023 USENIX Annual Technical Conference, July 2023, pages 373-386.
- J. Breen, A. Buffmire, J. Duerig, K. Dutt, E. Eide, A. Ghosh, M. Hibler,
D. Johnson, S. Kasera, E. Lewis, D. Maas, C. Martin, A. Orange, N. Patwari,
D. Reading, R. Ricci, D. Schurig, L. Stoller, A. Todd, J. Van der Merwe,
N. Viswanathan, K. Webb, and G. Wong. POWDER: Platform for
Open Wireless Data-driven Experimental Research. Computer Networks,
vol. 197, October 2021.
- J. Monterroso, J. Van der Merwe, K. Webb, and G. Wong.
Towards using the POWDER platform for RF propagation
validation. Proceedings of the Workshop on Computer and Networking
Experimental Research using Testbeds, May 2021.
- J. Breen, A. Buffmire, J. Duerig, K. Dutt, E. Eide, M. Hibler, D. Johnson,
S. Kasera, E. Lewis, D. Maas, A. Orange, N. Patwari, D. Reading, R. Ricci,
D. Schurig, L. Stoller, J. Van der Merwe, K. Webb, and G. Wong.
POWDER: Platform for Open Wireless Data-driven Experimental
Research. Proceedings of the 14th International Workshop on
Wireless Network Testbeds, Experimental evaluation & Characterization,
- D. Duplyakin, R. Ricci, A. Maricq, G. Wong, J. Duerig, E. Eide, L. Stoller,
M. Hibler, D. Johnson, K. Webb, A. Akella, K. Wang, G. Ricart, L. Landweber,
C. Elliott, M. Zink, E. Cecchet, S. Kar, and P. Mishra.
The Design and Operation of CloudLab. Proceedings of the
2019 USENIX Annual Technical Conference, July 2019.
- A. Banerjee, J. Cho, E. Eide, J. Duerig, B. Nguyen, R. Ricci,
J. Van der Merwe, K. Webb, and G. Wong.
PhantomNet: Research Infrastructure for Mobile Networking, Cloud Computing
and Software-Defined Networking. GetMobile: Mobile Computing and
Communications, vol. 19 no. 2, April 2015, pages 28-33.
- R. Ricci, G. Wong, L. Stoller, K. Webb, J. Duerig, K. Downie, and
M. Hibler. Apt: A Platform for Repeatable
Research in Computer Science. ACM SIGOPS Operating Systems
Review, January 2015, pages 100-107.
- K. Atkinson, G. Wong and R. Ricci.
Operational Experiences with Disk Imaging in a Multi-Tenant
Datacenter. Proceedings of the 11th USENIX Symposium on
Networked Systems Design and Implementation (NSDI '14), April 2014.
- R. Ricci, G. Wong, L. Stoller, and J. Duerig.
An Architecture for International
Federation of Network Testbeds. IEICE Transactions on Communications,
January 2013 (invited paper).
- J. Duerig, R. Ricci, L. Stoller, G. Wong, S. Chikkulapelly, and
W. Seok. Designing a Federated Testbed
as a Distributed System. Proceedings of the 8th International ICST
Conference on Testbeds and Research Infrastructures for the Development of
Networks and Communities (Tridentcom 12), June 2012.
- J. Duerig, R. Ricci, L. Stoller, M. Strum, G. Wong, C. Carpenter,
Z. Fei, J. Griffioen, H. Nasir, J. Reed, and X. Wu. Getting Started with GENI: A User Tutorial.
ACM SIGCOMM Computer Communication Review (CCR), January 2012, pages
72-77 (invited paper).
- G. Wong, R. Ricci, J. Duering, L. Stoller, S. Chikkulapelly,
and W. Seok. Partitioning Trust
in Network Testbeds. Proceedings of the Hawaii International
Conference on System Sciences (HICSS 45), January 2012.
- P. Bridges, G. Wong, M. Hiltunen, R. Schlichting, and M. Barrick. A Configurable and Extensible
Transport Protocol. IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking,
December 2007, pages 1254-1265.
- R. West and G. Wong. Cuckoo: a
Language for Implementing Memory- and Thread-safe System
Services. Proceedings of the International Conference on
Programming Languages and Compilers (PLC 2005), June 2005,
- R. West, G. Wong, and G. Fry. Comparison
of k-ary n-cube and de Bruijn Overlays in QoS-constrained Multicast
Applications. Proceedings of the International Conference
of Parallel and Distributed Processing Techniques and Applications
(PDPTA 2005), June 2005, pages 1336-1342.
- G. Wong, M. Hiltunen, and R. Schlichting. A Configurable and Extensible
Transport Protocol. Proceedings of the 20th Annual Conference
of IEEE Communications and Computer Societies (INFOCOM 2001),
April 2001, pages 319-328.
- M. Hiltunen, R. Schlichting, C. Ugarte, and G. Wong. Survivability
through Customization and Adaptability: the Cactus Approach. DARPA
Information Survivability Conference and Exposition (DISCEX 2000), January
2000, pages 294-307.
- M. Hiltunen, R. Schlichting, and G. Wong. Implementing Integrated
Fine-grain Customizable QoS Using Cactus. The 29th Annual International
Symposium on Fault-Tolerant Computing (Fast Abstract), June 1999,